The coding instructor is responsible for the day-to-day instruction and management of our Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp course in our campus in Kota Kinabalu.
- Design project-based lesson plans.
- Work collaboratively with other instructors to provide a seamless learning experience.
- Work closely with the operation team to provide optimal learning, and evolve the curriculum as needed; participate in weekly program status meetings.
- Deliver the curriculum effectively - with high degree of flexibility (and improvise).
- Encourage students to persevere through the challenge of learning to code.
- Guide students to solutions without immediately providing the answer.
- Track students' learning progress and provide continuous feedback.
- Create a safe and collaborative environment where students understand that helping their peers betters their own coding experience.
Your experience should include:-
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Must be an expert in one or more of the following areas:
- Back-end languages - Ruby, Ruby on Rails, SQL/Databases.
- DevOps - AWS, GCP, Heroku.
- Others: TDD, BDD, agile, lean.
- Patient and engaging personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some teaching/mentoring experience (even if it is not in coding).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to excel in a startup-like environment.